Vacancy Announcement- Consultants Services – 02/2021
Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research
World Bank Projects coordination unit
Consultants Services – 02/2021
The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research has received a grant from the World Bank, for the benefit of Education to Work Transition Project-Additional Financing. A major component of this project is The Quality Improvement Fund (QIF), which is overseen by QIF Board. The main objective of QIF is to provide support for improving the quality of Palestinian tertiary education institutions and programs in the aim of developing market-driven programs in line with international standards, developing income-generating programs, and enhancing teaching practices and methodologies. QIF is established on a competitive basis, open to eligible tertiary institutions in Palestine. QIF is being administered out of the MOHE by a small staff accountable to a centralized Board representative of appropriate stakeholders.
MOHE intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following individual consultant service:
Position: Legal Advisor Consultant for QIF Projects
Main Tasks, Responsibilities & Scope of Work: The consultant will be expected to work closely with the MoHE, the QIF team , the Project Coordination Unit (PCU) ,AQAC and the strategic planning consultant to: (i) develop and analyze the legal status, organization structure and strategic plan of the current QIF system and submit an integrated framework & organization structure to the MoHE in both Arabic and English languages, meeting all standard integrity procedures; and (ii) carry out all activities required to establish a legal framework in line with the higher education law and other higher education regulations for institutionalizing the QIF.
- Develop a detailed action plan and schedule for work. Draft will be shared with MOHE team and feedback will be incorporated by the consultant to the satisfaction of the MOHE team before starting work.
- Review and analyze the existing legal framework for the origination and structuring of QIF and develop a new or revised framework compatible with relevant national laws & MoHE’s regulations.
- Review and analyze the existing institutional, regulatory, and financial support mechanisms for the origination and structuring of the current QIF.
- Identify enabling regulation, law and policy issues and concerns for the QIF legal framework.
- Implementation of the current reforms in the legal, regulatory, and institutional framework.
- Advise the MoHE regarding the legal procedures and practices (policies, rules, regulations, arbitration and any other relevant law).
- Drafting and preparing legal documents, including paper books for the litigations in any court, including the Supreme Court of Palestine, satisfying MOHE’s requirement.
- Drafting regulation, guidelines, code and standard, satisfying MOHE’s requirement.
- Legal scrutiny of documents.
- Any other legal task is given by the MoHE
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies
- Candidate for this consultancy should have a University Degree (preferably with post-graduate education) in law or legal studies with a minimum of 5 years of work experience on relevant legal issues.
- Track record on conducting similar assignments successfully.
- Knowledge of Palestinian tertiary education system.
- Knowledge of Palestinian legal system
- Excellent English language and writing skills.
- Good time management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good facilitation skills
Time Frame & Level of Effort
The assignment's estimated duration for a legal consultant is 60 working days within a time frame of 6 months between June 2021 and December 2021.
Interested consultants may refer to the detailed Terms of Reference from www.palpcu.ps. Applications including (Cover letter, applicant CV describing similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) must be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 21th, 2021.
Project Coordination Unit -PCU
Hanna Ajlouni Street
Curriculum Center Building- Near Ministry of Planning
Ramallah- West Bank
Prof. Mahmoud Abu Mweis
Minister of Higher Education
& Scientific Research