External Evaluation of the Teacher Education Improvement Project and Additional Financing
Ministry of Education & Higher Education
TEACHER EDUCATION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT &
ADDITIONAL FINANCING (TF097315 &TF0A1241)
Consultants Services – TEIP-AF 01/2019
The Palestinian Liberation Organization for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority has applied for financing in the amount of US$ 8 Million from the World Bank toward the cost of the Teacher Education Improvement Project and its Additional Financing, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services and consulting services to be procured under this project.
MoEHE intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following individual consultant service:
Position: External Evaluation of the Teacher Education Improvement Project and Additional Financing
Main Tasks, Responsibilities & Scope of Work: The main tasks of the consultancy will be to prepare a quantitative and qualitative analytical assessment of the TEIP & AF and their impact, this shall include the following:
· Review all relevant documents related to the implementation of the project in both phases (parent project and additional financing) including the project appraisal document (PAD), annual reports, WB mission reports and international consultant reports.
· Review the data and reports prepared during the project lifetime by the Assessment and Evaluation Department.
· Assess the duties and the contributions of the different parties/partners including the international consultants, participating universities, MOEHE different departments.
· Gather feedback from target communities including, student teachers and graduates, mentor teachers, trainees (in-service teachers), school principals, district supervisors DSQ and NIET teams.
· Review and update the project results framework namely the project development objectives indicators and the intermediate results indicators. This includes comparing and reflecting on the actual vs. planned targets achieved through the TEIP and its additional financing.
· Review the other project outputs that have been delivered through the project lifetime, including the Palestinian Teacher Professional Development Index (PTPDI), mentor training manual and the accreditation manual.
· Facilitate a process to capture lessons learned. This will help the MOEHE through the implementing entities (DSQ & NIET) to replicate and scale up the good work and improve the service delivery.
· Generating recommendations that will contribute to the institutionalization and sustainability of the project outcomes at the university level and Ministry level.
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies
A highly qualified individual consultant shall undertake the assignment. The Consultant shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
· At least Master degree in Education Evaluation, Policy Analysis, or any other relevant field;
· Previous proven experience in design and leading evaluation; data analysis skills; knowledge of the institutional context in the Tertiary Education in Palestine and/or the region.
· Technical competence demonstrating strong project management skills.
· Experience in designing surveys and related questionnaires;
· Minimum 5 years of experience in assessment and strategic planning;
· Good communication and writing skills in English and Arabic;
· Considerable experience in undertaking similar reviews and assessments and a proven track record in conducting similar assignments.
The consultancy is expected to commence in February 2019 and to be completed in June 2019.
Interested consultants may refer to the detailed Terms of Reference from www.palpcu.ps. Applications includes (Cover letter, CV describing similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) must be delivered by email addressed below no later than February 17th, 2019.
Project Coordination Unit -PCU
Hanna Ajlouni Street
Curriculum Center Building- Near Ministry of Planning
Ramallah- West Bank
Dr. Sabri Saidam
Minister of Education and Higher Education