Ministry of Education & Higher Education-
additional financing (TF0A3519)
Consultants Services – E2WTP-AF 01/2018
The Palestine Liberation Organization for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority has received a financing in the amount of US$ 5 million from the World Bank toward the cost of the Education to Work Transition Project- Additional Financing, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services and consulting services to be procured under this project.
MoEHE intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following individual consultant service:
Position: Procurement Specialist, Time Based contract until the end of the year 2018, and with a possibility of extension.
Main Tasks, Responsibilities & Scope of Work:
- Supervising Procurement of all equipment, software, and the selection of consultants for the Project implementing entities;
- Monitoring & Updating the Project procurement plan for each year ensuring that Project entities are ready to receive the goods/services, and that the required funds are included in the budget;
- Recording the deliberations of all procurement processes: bid/proposal openings, evaluations, and decisions of the evaluation committees;
- Participating in the preparation of periodic progress reports for the Technical Committee and the Bank;
- Provide technical assistance to TEIs to maintain on Bank procurement procedures throughout grant implementation;
- Conduct visits to TEIs to ensure that appropriate procurement procedures have been followed throughout grant implementation.
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies
The Consultant shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
- University degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Engineering, or any relevant field.
- At least 5 years of proven relevant past work experience preferably in projects funded by Int’l Donors.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills.
- Fluency in English and excellent report writing.
- Excellent computer skills, including procurement software
- The ability to work under pressure.
Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011.
Interested consultants may refer to the detailed Terms of Reference from www.palpcu.ps. Applications includes (Cover letter, CV describing similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) must be delivered by email addressed below no later than March 4th , 2018
Ministry of Education & Higher Education
Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
PO Box: 576 Hanna Ajlouni Street – Near Ministry of Finance and Planning
Curriculum Center Building- 4th floor
Ramallah, West Bank
Tel: +00970 2 2969352
+00970 2 2969366
Fax: +00970 2 2969369
Dr. Sabri Saidam
Minister of Education and Higher Education